Alacer Gold (ASR.t)
Posted: Thursday Mar 19 2:28:25PM 2015
Posted: Thursday Mar 19 4:55:52AM 2015
Well, it's been a few years since I've held a gold company. That changed recently when I took a holding in Alacer Gold (ASR) which has quite compelling metrics compared to its peers.
Alacer holds a 80% interest in the Copler Gold Mine in Turkey.
- produced 228,000 ozs gold in 2013 with an all in cost of $694/oz
- earnings per share in 2013 of 0.22 (fully diluted); currently trading at approx. 11x those earnings
- cash flow of $142.7 million in 2013; trading at approx. 5.2 x cash flow per share (294 mil. shares fd)
- cash hoard of $347 mil. or approx. $1.18 / share
- debt free
- mine life expectancy of 20 years (3.2 mil oz. resource); est. all in costs for life of mine of $810 (costs will rise slightly as they process sulphide ore, less oxide ore)
- holds numerous other advanced projects with JV partner Lidya Mines
Alacer closed yesterday at $2.55. Have a good day!