Call us : (250) 377-1182
facebook twitter linked-in
opawica ntg fairmount lingo media lux

CNE C$2.76

Hello there guest! Want to join in on the conversation? Login or register for a forums account by visiting this link.

By Bobwins

Posted: Sunday May 19 11:52:35AM 2013

Mart is still my biggest holding by a long shot. I sold some because I thought the pipeline is still the catalyst that will shoot the price up.  That is many months away.  So I decided to add some other energy stocks that might have more near term catalysts.  I like Canacol for the current production and the recent pop due to the merger but didn't realize that production had dropped so much.  I will probably switch out of Canacol into Ithaca.  They will report Q2 as their first qtr with the merger.  Results should be in the .30/qtr cashflow range so it's selling for less than 2X cashflow with pretty big increases to .50/qtr coming in 2014.  IAE.v probably has been weak as old Valiant shareholders sell.  The merger took place 4/19/13 so the recent pop probably means that the holders who wanted out of Ithaca are mostly gone. 

Most everything in mining and energy has been weak and could continue weak as the US dollar could continue to strengthen as the economy recovers.  Oil looks vulnerable too as storage is at record highs in the US and production continues to grow. 

By kaybo

Posted: Thursday Apr 25 3:08:56PM 2013

WHAT??

Not that I am questioning adding more CNE, rather I hope that everyone does as I'm in.  I just can't believe you unloaded some MMT to get it done...

By Bobwins

Posted: Wednesday Apr 24 2:32:28PM 2013

Added more CNE today at 2.80 and 2.81.  Sold some Mart to finance the buys.  Both have big upside but decided to diversify a little.  No dividend with Canacol but maybe a tad less risk in Colombia versus Nigeria and no pipeline needed!

By Bobwins

Posted: Monday Apr 22 9:36:27AM 2013

Canacol is ramping up production volume and has 3 significant JV\'s with majors on their shale acreage in Colombia.  They retain a good sized acreage position in addition to the JV land so success by the majors should cause a significant revaluation of Canacol stock.

\r\n

http://www.canacolenergy.com/upload/presentation/4/84  

\r\n

\r\n

qtr ending 12/12 showed production of 5349boepd.  Current production is ~8200boepd.

\r\n

Cashflow for Q2 ending 12/12 was .05.  Should move up closer to .20 by year end.  

\r\n

Started small position today.  Good cash position, ample hedging and big upside attracted me to Canacol.  

\r\n

\r\n

\r\n

\r\n

\r\n

\r\n

\r\n

\r\n

Canadian Small Caps

Canadian Small Caps

CLICK HERE to view the presentations from the Spring 2016 Small-Cap Conferences.

We are pleased to publish the PowerPoint presentations from The Small-Cap Conferences that were held in Calgary on March 30, 2016 and in Vancouver on May 3, 2016.

We encourage investors to review the presentations and contact the companies with any further questions.

www.smallcapconference.ca/presentations.php
plus

What's New