VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - May 31, 2016) - LITE ACCESS TECHNOLOGIES INC. (the "Company") (CSE:LTE)(OTC PINK:LTCCF) today reported its financial results for the second quarter ended March 31, 2016 and provided a business update. The financial statements and related management's discussion and analysis ("MD&A") can be viewed on SEDAR atwww.sedar.com.
Financial Highlights for the Second Quarter 2016:
- Strong quarterly performance with revenues and earnings reaching record levels;
- Total sales of $6,895,478 for the quarter ended March 31, 2016 compared to $408,312 in 2015, an increase of 1,589%;
- 2016 Q2 revenues $6,895,478 compared to 2016 Q1 revenues of $813,546 up 748%;
- Q2 Gross Margins of 32.8%;
- Record income from operations of $1,385,813 for the quarter ended March 31, 2016 compared to a loss from operations of $27,761 in 2015;
- Record income before income tax of $1,374,172 in the quarter compared to a loss of $30,764 in 2015;
- Record net income after taxes of $953,096 for the quarter ended March 31, 2016 compared to a net loss of $30,764 for 2015 and net loss of $306,273 in Q1;
- Adjusted EBITDA* totalled $1.82 million (26.4% of total revenue)
Recent Corporate Highlights:
- Increased number of installers that are currently undergoing Lite Access certification and training. The addition of these partnerships further enables new opportunities in areas expressing interest and have projects that cannot be completed using conventional methods and current infrastructure budgets or timelines. Having our teams of qualified and trained construction partners enables immediate response to fibre connectivity needs using proven air blown technologies as well as the approved and successful micro-trench / micro-drill processes developed by Lite Access Technologies. Being able to satisfy connectivity requirements in the most cost effective, timely and environmentally friendly means possible further solidifies our position as a global leader. New partners and territories include; South Africa, Sweden, Peru, Northwest Territories, Alberta, and various states within the USA are a few examples.
- Lite Access has been working closely with a number of major international telcos that have announced plans to micro-trench within a number of key cities, states and councils. Having had the Lite Access technology as well as micro-trench / micro-drill installation process successfully approved on a national level by a large number of Service Providers throughout the globe fully supports our advancement in this area of fibre optic connectivity solutions.
- Strengthened Advisory Board - with a number of key additions to our Advisory Board, the number of opportunities and contacts within organizations and direct to key decision makers has helped ensure vibrant sales and positive project forecasts.
- Working closely with the First Nations and Native Americans has further advanced our entrance in markets that are considered underserved and truly not a focus for the large telcos. This mutually beneficial relationship broadens the Company's opportunities while also empowering indigenous groups within the USA and Canada from an economic and educational standpoint.
- Continued sales and support for our long time clients within the USA and Canada including projects such as:
- Distributed Antenna System (DAS) connectivity within the state of New York and California
- micro-trench builds within BC, Alberta and various states within the USA
- Completion of a 16 mile fiber optic network build for the Colville Tribes located in Washington State
On 27 May 2016, Lite Access Technologies Inc. completed the requirements to register as a non-dominant carrier with the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC). Based on the information provided, Lite Access meets the requirements to be placed on the list of non-dominant carriers.
Lite Access remains committed and well positioned to respond to client specific or non-standard applications by maintaining active involvement in numerous technology forums and trade shows. Being able to immediately respond to changing and evolving technology and client needs and by being able to design and have manufactured new products, processes, equipment and tools, positions Lite Access ahead of the competition.
Lite Access continues its search for new construction partners in support of the numerous cities and organizations that have engaged Lite Access with design and engineering work for micro-trench installations of their own networks.
The Company is developing a broader Project Management team to work with new cities and organizations in support of city owned infrastructure once the design and engineering is complete and to help train individuals or groups on not only the technology and installation but on the positive impact of economic development and growth expected.
"We are very pleased with our exceptional second quarter results," said Mike Plotnikoff, CEO of Lite Access. "We are starting to reap the rewards of all the time and effort our team has spent over the years in developing new markets and relationships with customers both old and new. We continue to work hard to further increase our reach by developing new markets and new products and services to meet the growing demand for an economical way to satisfy the explosion in fiber optic connectivity requirements. A number of companies such as Google Fiber, Verizon, CenturyLink and Virgin Media have recently stated that they are investigating and/or adopting micro-trenching as a means of deploying their fiber optic networks validating what Lite Access has been pioneering and perfecting for years. We expect the balance of the year to show continued growth in micro-trench adoption which will result in further growth for Lite Access."
About Lite Access
Lite Access is a world leader in Microduct and fibre optic technologies. Using its specially designed and innovative micro-trench and micro-drill methods of deployment, Lite Access' proprietary Microduct technology extends a network provider's ability to deliver true broadband connectivity directly to end-users, such as homes, government and educational institutions, and emergency response facilities. Providing a full portfolio of fibre connectivity solutions for many types of Telecom infrastructure, Lite Access has successfully deployed thousands of kilometres of Microduct networks throughout North and South America, the United Kingdom, the Caribbean, Australia and Asia.
Lite Access' products have been deployed in many high profile communication networks including the Whistler 2010 Winter Olympic facilities, builds within the state of New York including Central Park, the Las Vegas strip and surrounding areas of Nevada, fibre to the home at Stanford University and numerous other locations around the globe that have adopted Lite Access as the "solution of choice" for future proof fibre optic connectivity.