Call us : (250) 377-1182
facebook twitter linked-in
opawica ntg fairmount lingo media lux

MDU is looking good!

Hello there guest! Want to join in on the conversation? Login or register for a forums account by visiting this link.

By elephant

Posted: Monday Jul 6 1:39:58PM 2009

Another blow right in your face PUMPERS... Who has been right on it? Check all my previous posts and see by yourself... Elephant no credibility??? Last trade $0.075 a fresh new 52 weeks low.

By elephant

Posted: Friday May 29 3:40:51PM 2009

A fresh new 52 weeks low today $0.12 with Raymond James...big sellers as usual...for a reason!!!

By elephant

Posted: Monday May 25 1:21:48PM 2009

Bid down to $0.07 with only 156 000 shares(could hit a new low soon...) Ask $0.14-$0.18 (a whooping 440 000 shares)

By joshpacific

Posted: Thursday Apr 30 5:39:20PM 2009

Thanks Tara. Go Canucks!

By PAndreola

Posted: Wednesday Jan 28 4:04:40PM 2009

Federal Budget Boosts Canada’s EMR Backbone Canadian government announces $500 million for electronic medical record adoption. MDU should be able to get a piece of this money. News release at: http://www.canadiannexuscapitalmarkets.com/?p=357

By elephant

Posted: Friday Nov 28 3:24:31PM 2008

70 000 000 shares oustanding...if they break even and show a profit for example net earnings $700 000 for the full year 2009 it means $0.01 per shares not fully dilute How do you think the stock will be worth....not more than $0.15 why....they will need to make a lot of money to support a $0.40 price per share FAR TOO MUCH SHARES OUSTANDING....

By elephant

Posted: Thursday Nov 27 3:22:07PM 2008

Will they break even soon...$$$$ Far too much shares oustandings.

By joshpacific

Posted: Monday Nov 10 12:30:19AM 2008

Out of the 665,500 shares that traded Friday, TD Securities was responsible for selling 655,000 of them. 1310 board lots. Friday was the 2nd heaviest traded day in Healthscreen shares in 11 months.

By joshpacific

Posted: Friday Nov 7 10:37:05AM 2008

Quite a battle going on. TD Securities is responsible for dumping 546,000 shares so far today.

By PAndreola

Posted: Wednesday Oct 15 2:09:28AM 2008

Anyone wanting a copy of the Union Securities research report on Healthscreen Solutions (MDU) issued on October 10th can email me at paul@canadiannexus.com

By joshpacific

Posted: Tuesday Oct 14 9:18:30PM 2008

Chum, are you saying that you believe Jones misunderstood the pdf to be a re-issue? Jones, are you certain the pdf is a re-issue?

By chum

Posted: Tuesday Oct 14 7:26:32PM 2008

Hope this works...here is the link to the June25 Bulletin from Union Securities. http://www.union-securities.com/CMResearchFiles/1_8_Microsoft%20Word%20-%20Healthscreen%20Bulletin%20Jun%20242008.pdf

By mrjones321

Posted: Monday Oct 13 7:40:08PM 2008

Union reissues coverage of MDU with a strong buy rating. Price target of .95 cents Unfortunately I cannot cut and paste the update as its in PDF format. It doesnt allow for copying.

By joshpacific

Posted: Tuesday Oct 14 1:15:38AM 2008

Jones, I just read your post on S/H. Can anyone post the pdf?

By joshpacific

Posted: Tuesday Oct 14 12:45:41AM 2008

Jones, could you post the announcement or at least the source.

By elephant

Posted: Monday Sep 29 3:28:24PM 2008

Healthscreen was overprice...as expected by Mr.Elephant. Elephant:1 Pumpers:0

By elephant

Posted: Wednesday Sep 24 1:48:24PM 2008

QIS-portfolio has flush healthscreen Solution.... September 19 and September 22 last position=0 share I told you many times guys... It was a baloon stock between $0.30-$0.40 despite your non approbation...

By elephant

Posted: Monday Sep 8 3:28:54PM 2008

Never buy a balloon stock... Remember you my previous post between $0.35-$0.40

By joshpacific

Posted: Tuesday Aug 12 8:28:02PM 2008

The single trade today involving 633 board lots (316,500 shares) looks like an arranged trade in order to help TD Securities add to his/her collection. Has anyone determined how many TD Sec has at this point?

By mrjones321

Posted: Monday Jun 23 10:18:42PM 2008

MDU is again starting to fly. Not only is the volume picking up but so is the share price. In addition to this I also see Union Securities just gave them an upgrade to .95 cents and a strong buy. Just another great sign in this growth storey so far.

By mrjones321

Posted: Tuesday Jun 10 9:08:22AM 2008

Hey Josh is the glass half empty or half full. "Three separate houses have dumped 99,000 shares already today. Someone at Leede has obtained all of these shares." Did someone Dump? or did someone step up and aggressively Buy? I am of the oppinion of the latter as it was one guy buying not three guys. Some food for thought. Cheers

By joshpacific

Posted: Tuesday Jun 10 8:27:30AM 2008

Three separate houses have dumped 99,000 shares already today. Someone at Leede has obtained all of these shares.

By joshpacific

Posted: Thursday Jun 5 7:12:02AM 2008

Somebody thru BMO just dumped 84,000 shares at 934am this morning (634am ET). This is getting exciting.

By mrjones321

Posted: Friday May 30 7:05:39PM 2008

What are you talking about Elephant? 85000 shares were traded today. How many of JTC has been sold for the entire year? I would venture a guess that less than 85000 shares of JTC have traded all year round. MDU is very liquid thank you very much.

By elephant

Posted: Friday May 30 6:56:41PM 2008

BID DOWN TO $0.17 as expected With just 57 000 shares to reach that level... Where are the buyers? Smart investors are waiting to pay the fair price versus book value.

By joshpacific

Posted: Monday Jun 2 12:13:26AM 2008

Thanks, PA.

By PAndreola

Posted: Sunday Jun 1 11:29:24PM 2008

Paradygm reiterates buy recommendation with $0.75 price target. Healthscreen is expected to report Q2/FY08 results (ended March), which were essentially in-line, including revenues and EPS of $2.2m and ($0.01), versus our $1.9m and ($0.01) respectively. The key growth area, namely, physician services (which includes CallerMD and PrevCareMD), continues to show good q-o-q and y-o-y growth. PrevCareMD in particular had a fairly good quarter on a q-o-q basis particularly given that the deadline to submit for the 2007 preventive care bonuses was on March 31st, although physicians have until September to take advantage of their 2007 bonus. The company also received their first cash receipts from the recently launched HealthAlert service, although revenues will not be recognized until future quarters. On the cost side, total expenses (excluding other income and taxes) increased from $2.6m last quarter to $2.7m. The company has been aggressively growing its infrastructure to address the opportunity it sees before it. Headcount has increased from 69 at the end of Q1 to the current 110. Despite the increase in expenses, EBITDA did improve from -$311k to -$273k. The company ended the quarter with $0.8m in cash based on an operating cash outflow of $734k, along with capex of $224k. We expect cash to get a boost from working capital as accounts receivable are collected related to preventive care bonuses over the course of the next few months. Subsequent to the end of the quarter, the company also entered into a debt financing agreement for gross proceeds of $4.25m. The secured debentures have a term of 24 months and a interest rate of 12.75%. The proceeds will be used to fund the company’s acquisition strategy and for general working capital purposes. Reiterate Buy Rating On the back of the Q1 results, we have made some minor adjustments to our forward estimates, primarily to reflect a higher operating expense assumption, along with higher interest costs related to the debt financing. While early in its growth stage, we continue to view Healthscreen as a compelling way to leverage the inefficiencies (and therefore opportunities) inherent in the Canadian healthcare system. We also view the company as a potential hedge against a slowing economic environment (i.e. given that physicians will be more likely to sign up for services, which generate more revenues at almost no incremental costs to them). Based on our revised earnings forecast, we are lowering our target price to $0.75 (was $1.00), based on 20x FY09 (ending September) earnings.

By mrjones321

Posted: Sunday Jun 1 5:04:12PM 2008

Let it fall I will be accumulating more at a better price. Great :) So whats your point?

By elephant

Posted: Wednesday May 28 1:16:13PM 2008

Healthscreen just announce another big loss...as expected by Elephant. Now we know the reason why they rise money....they need working capital... The big question...Will they keep some money for an acquisition or they will burn it as fast as they obtain it... I have a low ball on it(between $0.16-$0.19)

By joshpacific

Posted: Saturday May 24 2:42:06AM 2008

Thanks.

By petedran

Posted: Friday May 23 11:24:39PM 2008

Financial results consist of a balance sheet, income statement ... etc. Balance sheet is "as at" March 31, 2008 and the income statement is "for" the three months ended March 31, 2008. Balance sheet is for a point in time and the income statement is for a period of time. thats what i think it means.cheers

By joshpacific

Posted: Friday May 23 7:24:31PM 2008

In the first paragraph, what does Belobaba mean by "as at and for"?

By mrjones321

Posted: Sunday May 18 6:40:30PM 2008

Aquisitions to come shortly. This was part of the latest announcement of this 4.25 Million deal with Wellington. Look for some sort of news to come shortly.

By elephant

Posted: Sunday May 18 8:44:07AM 2008

I did sell some shares yesterday for a small profit. Not a good deal for sure...think about that... Wellington get 4 811 321 special free warrants at $0.265 means the stock go to $0.50 and they can get their 4.25 millions back to them and Healthscreen will still have to repay the debt to them...and it can be very costly with a 12,5 % interst. Healthscreen got some money(4,25 million)but the winner is Wellington... If healthscreen business plan is so good why no bank want to put some money into the company?too much risk. Never fall in love...I did some money and still keep some shares for cheap.May buy back on weakness and do another in and out...Time is money!!!I keep it just for trading...not for the pain of hearth...too much shares oustanding.

By joshpacific

Posted: Tuesday Apr 29 8:50:10AM 2008

Some poor investor thru Canaccord sold all his/her shares (11,667) at market price this morning. Probably on a margin call. I was fortunate enough to get a couple of small stink bids filled.

By elephant

Posted: Tuesday Apr 29 3:27:15PM 2008

Where is the bottom in the sand?

By mrjones321

Posted: Saturday Apr 26 6:59:15PM 2008

Doren can you please just delete all of Elephants posts on your website. He is as mentioned the same guy(Deauville/Valneignette) on Stockhouse as all your other members know. He focuses on bashing and his language/simularities on both sites are complete copies of each other. So its obvious he has only one agenda and that is to bash. Can you do the board a real favour and delete/ban him from posting here. All he is going to do is goad others into meaningless banter. Your website should be a site of studying stocks and of finding out info/particulars on companies that others may know about. This fellow as you can see is not in the least trying to provide any info. His only focus is to bash and to piss people off. Thats not what QIS is about is it?

By elephant

Posted: Saturday Apr 26 5:23:35PM 2008

The stock was overprice as expected...by Elephant Down from $0.52 to a smaller number...$0.25 I am extremely please...Mr.Jones has been dead wrong and he lose big $$$ Next time...listen the 'PRO' Elephant

By joshpacific

Posted: Thursday Apr 17 3:39:40PM 2008

Houlton was just on BNN once again. This time he was on Stars & Dogs. He gave the star arguement for Healthscreen. He emphasized the likelihood of upcoming acquisitions to make Healthscreen the leader in its sector.

By joshpacific

Posted: Monday Apr 7 8:17:21PM 2008

I finally got a chance to see the BNN interview with G. Houlton of Union. I believe Houlton was inferring that coverage would be initiated at some point soon and that a target would be given. He seemed excited about new Healthscreen services. BTW, during the 2 or 3 minutes he spoke about Healthscreen, approx 130,000 MDU shares traded. Before Houlton began speaking shares were sitting at 25c on 0 or minimal volume. At the end of the 3 minute segment MDU had risen 20% to 30c.

By dquinton

Posted: Thursday Mar 27 8:58:47AM 2008

Geoff Houlton, the new healthcare analyst for Union Securities recommended Healthscreen on BNN as his number one stock pick. You can view the interview at: http://broadband.bnn.ca/?vid=40860 Healthscreen is mentioned at the 18:30 minute mark of the interview.

By elephant

Posted: Tuesday Mar 18 1:20:54PM 2008

very quiet... Where are the loyal shareholders? lol...

By PAndreola

Posted: Thursday Mar 13 6:03:38PM 2008

Northern Securities initiates coverage on Healthscreen Solutions. "We are initiating coverage of Healthscreen Solutions Inc. with a STRONG BUY rating and a 12-month target price of $1.00, which is based on a P/S multiple of 4.5 times our estimated 2009 sales." This is the fourth brokerage firm to issue a buy recommendation. If anyone wishes to receive a copy of this report they can send me an email at pandreola@3one.tv

By elephant

Posted: Thursday Mar 6 4:36:46PM 2008

I never trade on hopes but I can put 1% of my portfolio... and as I told you...I trade in and out in order to average down my original cost....

By mrjones321

Posted: Monday Mar 3 6:35:45PM 2008

Well like i said before I am going to be very very happy to point out later that your so called knowlege has many many holes in it. I am sure you will be eating crow.

By elephant

Posted: Monday Mar 3 3:20:16PM 2008

Just the real fact... Book value as December 31,2007 was $0.058824578 per share The stock is already trading at a very high premium... IT WAS THE SPECULATIVE PHASE... SMART INVESTORS ARE NOT BUYING AT THIS LEVEL! I HAVE A LOW BALL ON IT! FAR TOO MUCH SHARES OUSTANDING AND NEGATIVE CASH FLOW.

By mrjones321

Posted: Monday Mar 3 1:48:22PM 2008

Whats your interest in MDU? Its funny I know who you really are and how you operate as I have repeatedly stated here many times. You will just pick the opposite of whatever stock I feel is good just to be a pain in the back side. I however was into CTG and I had a capital interest into the stock before I realized how George was a fool so I sold out. You on the other hand have zero interest in MDU. In other words you are just waisting your time posting here mostly just opinions without any real numbers or facts. Why do you do this? To just be a pain? Isnt that childish?

By mrjones321

Posted: Thursday Feb 28 8:12:29PM 2008

Excellent earnings Pandreola. I know that analysts are calling for approx 8 Million on the high end for the year/at least their price targets are based on that number and I see that we are definately well on track to meet that and for that matter surpass it. Its going to be interesting to see if MDU can keep on delivering Quarter over Quarter growth of 35% plus as they have been for quite some time now. If they can profitability is really not all that far away.

By elephant

Posted: Thursday Feb 28 6:51:32PM 2008

Why the excitement?...I see a loss of more than $750 000 last quarter... I still believe the stock is not worth $0.39 Wait for further development and you will get the stock for cheap... Patient investors are always reward... I told you guys...I am a fellow investor I never pay a premium over book value unless I see a net profit...I am still on the sidelines...time is money I keep it in my radr screen just in case...but I am not a buyer at this level

By mrjones321

Posted: Wednesday Feb 27 10:12:14PM 2008

Earnings should be out first thing tommorow morning. Its going to be interesting to see what the market does after the release. With all the buying lately from Raymond James, Leede, National, Loewen, Paradym it really is setting itself up for a nice rise. Especially if they continue to produce significant increases in the earnings.

By mrjones321

Posted: Friday Feb 22 5:38:42PM 2008

Thats excellent news Pandreola. So here is what I have for analyst coverage. Please add if I have forgotten anything. 12 month targets. MDU Healthscreen Int Blackmount .80 cent Price target Paradym $1.00 Price Target Loewen $1.40 Price Target Keep in mind that these targets are based on no month over month growth. If you factor Healthscreen doing just shy of $2 Million a Quarter you will get $7.8 Million for the full year. What these analysts havent figured in the equation is further growth. I know for awhile there they were growing by approx 15% month over month growth. I am not sure if they are still growing at that pace. If they are these numbers posted above will be shattered as they are only based on $7.8 Million for the year. To sum it up they will have to revise their 12 month targets as these numbers come in. So step #1 is getting the up and coming Quarterly results out this coming week. This should convince the market that the growth is still there. Step #2 is backing up the upcoming Quarterly results with another stronger Quarter after that. If MDU can show the market that they can continue their fast growth then this stock will explode higher. Step #3 is an aquistion of another firm outside of Ontario. Maybe someone out west. Just my opinion. Feel free to add to this or respond. Have a good weekend to all.

By PAndreola

Posted: Friday Feb 22 10:34:23AM 2008

Blackmont Capital has just initiated coverage on Healthscreen Solutions with a buy recommendation and a 12 month price target of $0.80. If anyone would like a copy they can email me at: pandreola@3one.tv

By dundee

Posted: Sunday Feb 17 9:36:52PM 2008

Unless you mean that your "average cost" is $0.63, there has been only one day in the past 5 years that JTC traded at $0.63 and it was in January 2005. For someone who has held the same micro-cap stock for more three years, and who hijacks every other thread on this forum to mention it (and pretty much only it), it is pretty hard to believe that you have not "fallen in love" with JTC. JMHO.

By dquinton

Posted: Thursday Feb 14 1:56:59PM 2008

I sold half of my position based on media hype following the BNN show. More times than not stocks will decline as the buying pressure eases. This selling technique is in line with previous strategies employed to lock in profit on a partial position and effective reduce the downside risk of the remaining shareholding. It has nothing to do with a fundamental decision based on the performance of the company.

By elephant

Posted: Thursday Feb 14 1:43:19PM 2008

Only Mr.Jones fall in love... I took note Doren was selling...

By PAndreola

Posted: Tuesday Feb 5 4:57:07PM 2008

MDU CEO will be on Power Breakfast at roughly 8:45 am EST.

By mrjones321

Posted: Tuesday Feb 5 12:36:59PM 2008

Justin Belobaba the CEO is on BNN tommorow morning. I believe its 8am eastern or 5 am Pacific. I got word of this thru a good friend/ex broker of him being on. Maybe someone here can fill in the exact times when they know. I checked the BNN website but nothing is on there yet.

By PAndreola

Posted: Wednesday Jan 30 11:44:22AM 2008

Josh, I think it was a case where Amir liked the company so much and vice versa, that Healthscreen decided to hire him. He is now a full time Healthscreen employee.

By doogie

Posted: Sunday Jan 20 8:06:26PM 2008

Doren, If you get time, could you please post a brief summary of your thoughts regarding MDU. Do you see it as a great growth stock (as mr. jones), or overvalued, with the price artificially supported by a few institutions (as elephant). Thanks.

By elephant

Posted: Friday Jan 18 6:44:42PM 2008

longshot...corection not with the government...with the privacy commission and the issue could be at risk for their core business.

By longshot

Posted: Friday Jan 18 9:03:05AM 2008

Tell me why Mdu is worth 20 cents when the market is at its worse and sitting at 39 cents . or is this to get the goat of Mr jones.

By mrjones321

Posted: Wednesday Jan 16 11:48:18AM 2008

MDU has turned the corner and has had month over month growth of 15% for quite some time now. My understanding is the coming months(January/February forward) are going to show investors some staggering numbers. Look for break even to occur in one of these months. So with the company breaking even and being in the black as well as them having cash in the bank accounts of $2plus Million dollars look for them to do some aquisitions and keep the growth going. The big thing for MDU other than earnings will be the privacy commision clearing them of any privacy concerns their operations. To me thats huge. The simple fact with this stock is you cannot over look growth. 15% compounded month over month over month is huge thus MDU being named the fastest growing company in Canada for 2007. Thats my opinion. Ps as for the brokerages holding large positions thats a good thing. They obviously see something here. Two price targets out now. Paradym $1 (12 month Target put out 2 months ago approx) Loewen $1.40 (12 Month Target put out 2 months ago appr) These numbers were put out based on MDU doing $8 Million dollars for sales in 2008. I am hearing those numbers are too low and should be much higher so the targets will move as the Quarterlies come out.

By mrjones321

Posted: Friday Dec 7 11:27:24AM 2007

Its nice to see now that the warrants are nearing its end that the stock is back to its old ways and that is going up. What will be interesting to see now is who is buying in? How much Volume is trading? How much this stock will move on smaller volume? After going thru 1.2 million shares yesterday it cleared up the market extremely well. Now today the stock has climbed as much as 8 cents on only 400,000 shares. Very impressive. Should be some interesting times ahead.

By dundee

Posted: Thursday Dec 6 4:04:02PM 2007

I agree, probably has a lot to do with warranty expiry on Monday.

By AHughes

Posted: Thursday Dec 6 3:14:10PM 2007

Could it just be that the warrants are expiring on Monday??

By joshpacific

Posted: Thursday Dec 6 11:59:16AM 2007

I just learned that 1,017,000 shares have traded so far today. Anyone have any insight? That would be the 2nd highest daily volume ever.

By mrjones321

Posted: Monday Nov 12 8:20:23AM 2007

Excellent news! It will be interesting to see how the volume is today given its the day after rememberance day so I dont expect a crazy busy day of trading today. Tommorow will be the big day as those who are taking the long weekend are back. Good luck to all.

By PAndreola

Posted: Monday Nov 12 7:47:20AM 2007

If anyone wishes to get a copy of the LOM research report on Healthscreen I can send them a copy. pandreola@3one.tv

By joshpacific

Posted: Sunday Nov 11 10:38:20PM 2007

Doren, Someone on Stockhouse has indicated that Loewen, Ondaatje and McCutcheon has initiated coverage with a 12 month target of $1.40. The notice would have gone out Friday night. Could you confirm whether you recieved it and if so could you forward it to me? Thanks. Josh

By mrjones321

Posted: Friday Nov 9 6:20:01PM 2007

Most importantly is 50 cents has been hit during a terrible day on the markets. Obviously Justins meetings with brokers the last couple of weeks is helping stimulate the share price.

By joshpacific

Posted: Friday Nov 9 10:37:42AM 2007

50c has been hit.

By mrjones321

Posted: Friday Nov 9 8:32:01AM 2007

Another new 52week high today. Its great to see given the fact that the market is ugly today. 44.5 cents

By mrjones321

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7 2:34:32PM 2007

I am glad i picked up another 80,000 shares over the last week. What can I say the CEO of this company is doing all the right things. Anyone attending meetings that MDU has had with brokerages over the last couple weeks will attest to this fellows drive/determination and his credibility. All of which are just starting to show with the share price. I am sure this is just the beggining of many more good things to come.

By analyst8

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7 1:25:10PM 2007

Good volume again today and a new high. All good signs.

By mrjones321

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6 7:58:15PM 2007

Something appears to be up. Or it could be the fact that Justin the CEO has been on the road promoting MDU to analysts that maybe some are starting to take note. Regardless this is a high growth story and the street is starting to take notice.

By analyst8

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6 1:08:35PM 2007

Huge volume today with TD and Canaccord buying big near the end. Something is up.

By analyst8

Posted: Thursday Oct 18 8:18:52AM 2007

Doren - thanks for the report.

By mrjones321

Posted: Thursday Oct 18 8:07:16AM 2007

Very very impressive numbers. No wonder why the stock has been on a tear. I see they also rang the opening bell for the TSX-V today too. As I said before they are doing all the right things to get noticed.

By dquinton

Posted: Wednesday Oct 17 2:45:56PM 2007

Yes I received a copy of the report this morning. I can email it to you if you like.

By joshpacific

Posted: Wednesday Oct 17 1:10:42PM 2007

Can anyone confirm that Paradigm Capital has initiated coverage with a $1 target as suggested on another msg board?

By mrjones321

Posted: Wednesday Oct 10 7:27:20PM 2007

Thanks Doren for the National Post article. I cannot speak highly enough about Justin Bab****(however you spell his last name. He seems to be doing everything right ie voted by Canadian Business Magazine as the fastest growing company, is mentioned in the National Post today and a company that he does business with Zoommed is articled today on BNN. It looks like the stars are aligning for MDU.

By dquinton

Posted: Wednesday Oct 10 2:19:21PM 2007

MORE MDS RECOUPING SOME FEES Contractors’ billing system ‘a slippery slope’ BY TOM BLACKWELL Canadians are increasingly likely these days to receive something unusual from their family doctor: an invoice for the physician’s services. With new billing systems being sold to doctors across the country, more and more practitioners are charging fees for commonplace services not covered by medicare. From completing medical forms to doling out advice over the telephone and renewing prescriptions by fax, doctors provide as much as $2billion a year in such unpaid services, according to some accounts. Contractors trying to recoup that money for their clients have already sent out bills and fee schedules on behalf of physicians to hundreds of thousands of Canadians. The newest company to offer the billing service is owned by the Canadian Medical Association. As well as individual fees, such as $41 for a TB skin test, doctors are offering a lumpsum payment plan to patients: a yearly fee that covers most or all uninsured services. “ We are not charging unfairly for things. We are charging for things that are important to people’s health and that we are not remunerated for,” said Dr. Michael Weinstock, whose Toronto family practice has contracted with one of the new systems. “It makes you feel you are being remunerated for freebies we have done until now.” Dr. Weinstock said most of his patients have responded positively to the bills, and he does not charge those he feels cannot afford the expense. When the fees paid by medicare for insured care were more in line with what the profession considered appropriate, most doctors were willing to do the uninsured work for free, said Dr. Alan Brookstone, a family physician in Richmond, B.C. Many feel medicare fees are no longer sufficient, however, and the appeal of billing for those other services has grown, he said. Still, it can be a surprise to some patients, doctors acknowledge. “The expectation is that when you’re participating in the health-care system, everything is included,” said Dr. Brookstone, who recently left his Richmond, B.C., family practice to work as a consultant to other physicians. “Medicare has basically created a public expectation that it is all covered under this big, puffy cloud.” Critics say the situation should stay that way. The billing trend drives home the impact of years of government delisting of medical services from public health insurance plans, and is another reason why doctors should be paid a lump sum that would properly reimburse them for all the work they do, said Michael McBane of the Canadian Healthcare Coalition, a union-backed promoter of universal medicare. “This is not the way we should deal with it. We’re going down a slippery slope,” he said. “Doctors should be on salary and work for a team, rather than bill piecemeal, procedure for procedure. It’s expensive and it’s inefficient.” Some family physicians and pediatricians have always made attempts to recoup fees from patients for uninsured services, ranging from filling out medical forms to administering vaccines not covered by medicare and giving advice on travel medicine. But the practice has been haphazard at best. The founders of the CallerMD system, one of the billing services, surveyed 500 doctors before launching their business three years ago. They found the physicians performed an average of $40,000 in uninsured services a year, work that took up about an hour of each day. At least 80% of it was done for free, said Justin Belobaba, CEO of Healthscreen Solutions, which now owns CallerMD. Meanwhile, provincial governments struggling to meet surging health-care costs have eliminated many services from the medicare system in recent years, creating more services that either patients had to pay for, or doctors had to perform free of charge, said Tim Smith of Practice Solutions, a company owned by the Canadian Medical Association. Healthscreen’s doctor clients send the company lists at the end of each day of the uninsured services they performed, and Healthscreen dispatches bills to the patients, keeping 15% as their fee. In the past few years, the firm has signed up 500 physicians, mostly in Ontario, representing more than a million patients, Mr. Belobaba said. Practice Solutions began offering a similar service this summer and has a “handful” of clients so far, Mr. Smith said. In the past, physicians failed to charge for uninsured services partly because they were unskilled at the business side of the profession, but also because of a reluctance to ask patients for money. With services such as CallerMD, they can now contract out the task. Only about half the patients CallerMD contacted actually paid their bills at first, said Mr. Belobaba. But then the company started sending letters outlining the reason for the fees and offering the block payment option, people responded positively, pushing the payment rate to more than 80%, he said. There is a limit to the process, however, and Healthscreen will mail only one follow-up invoice when the first bill is ignored. “We take a lot of pride in not being a collection agency,” he said. National Post

By mrjones321

Posted: Wednesday Oct 10 12:06:02PM 2007

Theres a write up on MDU in the National Post today. I have yet to read it yet but I hear its front page news. Its no wonder why this stock is taking off today. Anyone with the link could you please post online. Thanks

By PAndreola

Posted: Friday Oct 5 5:50:51PM 2007

The ZoomMed agreement is much more significant then it seems. The company is launching a prescription drug management service, the initial phase of which will be funded by ZoomMed. Anyone interested should really call Justin Belobaba, the CEO, to understand the significance. 1-866-534-3627 or belobaba@healthscreen.com

By mrjones321

Posted: Thursday Oct 4 8:48:35AM 2007

The volume is really picking up PAndreola. Any reason for the recent volume? The deal with Zoommed doesnt look like it will add that much value to MDU so is there something else that is up? Thanks in advance.

By mrjones321

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3 9:47:49AM 2007

As mentioned before the month over month growth is awesome(15% month over month). Any idea as to what the next Quarterly results will look like? Do you think they will make a profit or are they dumping all the profits back into the business for expansion. Thanks

By mrjones321

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2 6:00:57PM 2007

That is an excellent news release today. The news is not exactly earth shaking but it solidifies what I have been hearing about the company and that is they are expanding fast. Having a relationship like this cannot hurt. I have heard that they are growing month over month at a 15% pace which is mind boggling. Now we will have to see how this all effects the bottom line

By PAndreola

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2 4:53:02PM 2007

Healthscreen signs agreement with ZoomMed Oct 02, 2007 07:00 ET ZoomMed Signs an Commercial Alliance Agreement in Ontario - access to more than 4,000 physicians in Ontario and Canada - already more than 860 physicians had signed to use ZRx Prescriber in Quebec MONTREAL, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - Oct. 2, 2007) - ZoomMed Inc. (TSX VENTURE:ZMD) Developer of ZRx Prescriber, an electronic prescribing tool, is proud to announce the signature of an alliance agreement to market the ZRx Prescriber in Canada, with Healthscreen Solutions Inc. (TSX-V: MDU), a premier supplier of electronic medical record (EMR) software and practice enhancing services to more than 4,000 doctors throughout Ontario and Canada. "For ZoomMed, this agreement marks an important step in our goal to become the Canadian standard for the e-prescription market.", says Mr. Yves Marmet, President and Chief Executive Officer of ZoomMed. "The adoption of our ZRx Prescriber is very fast in Quebec with more than 860 physicians that have signed agreements to use it and more than 500 physicians that confirmed their interest in implementing our product very soon. This agreement will now enable us to accelerate significantly its deployment in the rest of Canada", add Mr. Marmet. "Both parties see a great advantage to deploy as fast as possible our ZRx Prescriber in Ontario and the rest of Canada because some products developed by Healthscreen Solutions Inc. will be integrated in and marketed with our ZRx Prescriber.", add Mr. Marmet. In addition, ZoomMed proceeded, as planned, with the opening of new offices in Markham, Ontario, near Toronto. These installations will accommodate marketing teams, deployment and client support teams, which will exclusively be committed to the Ontario market.

By mrjones321

Posted: Tuesday Sep 25 5:17:46PM 2007

It appears that most of the selling as of recent has been from the private placement. It will be really interesting to see how the stock price holds over the next few trading days.

By joshpacific

Posted: Tuesday Sep 25 3:05:26AM 2007

I love the volatility. This is a great stock to trade.

By dquinton

Posted: Monday Sep 24 1:15:36PM 2007

I hold about the same through a private placement purchase (disclosed in the private placements section). I did sell some today at $0.26 so I enjoyed the jump in value.

By mrjones321

Posted: Monday Sep 24 8:38:19AM 2007

MDU is gaining traction after being ranked as Canada fastest growing company a week ago. Up 33% today so far. This looks like a good company to keep an eye on. Apparently they are growning by 15% a month. That is month over month growth. For the record I do hold 113,000 shares of this company.

Canadian Small Caps

Canadian Small Caps

CLICK HERE to view the presentations from the Spring 2016 Small-Cap Conferences.

We are pleased to publish the PowerPoint presentations from The Small-Cap Conferences that were held in Calgary on March 30, 2016 and in Vancouver on May 3, 2016.

We encourage investors to review the presentations and contact the companies with any further questions.

www.smallcapconference.ca/presentations.php
plus

What's New