Call us : (250) 377-1182
facebook twitter linked-in
opawica ntg fairmount lingo media lux

ORL.to +.23 to C$4.16

Hello there guest! Want to join in on the conversation? Login or register for a forums account by visiting this link.

By Bobwins

Posted: Friday May 27 10:10:36AM 2016

ORL.to hit a new 52wkhi today of C$4.20.  

Orocobre is the newest lithium producer in the world.  One of the few new mines that's come online recently.  Lithium is not a liquid commodity market but demand appears to be exceeding demand and IF electric cars(Tesla) succeed in actually selling mass production quantities, lithium demand will go thru the roof.  

Orocobre is still ramping up production at their Olaroz mine in Argentina.  Produced ~2400 tonnes of lithium carbonate in Q1 and shooting for 3,000 tonnes in Q2.  Nameplate capacity is 4375 tonnes/qtr.  When they reach that level, Orocobre will produce just under 10% of global production.  During Q2, they started a study on whether to double production.  They have decades of reserves and could double production for about 40% less than the cost of the original mine.  

The buildout of the mine was delayed beyond original forecast and the rampup has been slow but they are selling product into the market at required purity levels.  

The other big players in lithium production are diversified chemical industrial supply companies so Orocobre is the largest pure play on lithium.  

Canadian Small Caps

Canadian Small Caps

CLICK HERE to view the presentations from the Spring 2016 Small-Cap Conferences.

We are pleased to publish the PowerPoint presentations from The Small-Cap Conferences that were held in Calgary on March 30, 2016 and in Vancouver on May 3, 2016.

We encourage investors to review the presentations and contact the companies with any further questions.

www.smallcapconference.ca/presentations.php
plus

What's New