Call us : (250) 377-1182
facebook twitter linked-in
opawica ntg fairmount lingo media lux

QIS Trading Summary

Hello there guest! Want to join in on the conversation? Login or register for a forums account by visiting this link.

By goose

Posted: Wednesday Jan 25 11:56:36AM 2006

Curious about www.interactivebrokers.ca. There commissions seem much better than Etrade. Trade commissions as low as $2, and never higher than .002 of principal. Can anyone go into detail about their experience trading with this broker? thanks!

By Prospector

Posted: Wednesday Jan 25 8:52:55AM 2006

Commissions in Canada are a rip-off in general, when compared to what US brokers like Ameritrade and so on charge.

By dquinton

Posted: Wednesday Jan 25 6:35:53AM 2006

E-Trade takes RRSP accounts. You are correct that two trades in the same stock on the same day will get hit with two commissions. Also with stocks above $1 I have found that E-trade is really not that much cheaper. However with trades under $1 you can trade as many shares as you want for a flat fee of $19.99 (under 30 trades per quarter) or $9.99 (over 30 trades per quarter). Still getting used to the new system but so far I am quite pleased.

By another pothole

Posted: Tuesday Jan 24 3:12:36PM 2006

Moved most of mine over from TD-Waterhouse a couple of years ago and it took them forever to get organized. Sounds like they have speeded up which is good. I will be transfering the remainder of my account over in the next few weeks. It is the only way to go. Suggest you get the name of the E-Trade rep and keep after him/her.

By dquinton

Posted: Tuesday Jan 24 2:17:13PM 2006

I had the same concern but found it very quick actually. I moved several accounts over including an RRSP account and some were as fast as a day. The longest took less than a week.

By dquinton

Posted: Tuesday Jan 24 10:04:02AM 2006

Just a note for those that watch our trading in the Trading Summary section of the website. We recently moved our trading accounts from Scotia Discount Brokerage to E-Trade Canada. All future trades will be made through E-Trade (House 88). The first 100 trades over the next 2 months will be commission free (or reduced commission) following which our commission charge will be $9.99 to $19.99.

Canadian Small Caps

Canadian Small Caps

CLICK HERE to view the presentations from the Spring 2016 Small-Cap Conferences.

We are pleased to publish the PowerPoint presentations from The Small-Cap Conferences that were held in Calgary on March 30, 2016 and in Vancouver on May 3, 2016.

We encourage investors to review the presentations and contact the companies with any further questions.

www.smallcapconference.ca/presentations.php
plus

What's New