Call us : (250) 377-1182
facebook twitter linked-in
opawica ntg fairmount lingo media lux

xpel dap.u

Hello there guest! Want to join in on the conversation? Login or register for a forums account by visiting this link.

By murrayn

Posted: Saturday Nov 16 8:37:45PM 2013

Painstshield a UK based operation with a growing presence in Hong Kong and China really promote  the xpel products. I think 3rd q revenue tops 7 milion from just under 5 million for the 2nd q. If I am right then the share price should hit $2.50 by year end.      

By murrayn

Posted: Wednesday Nov 13 9:29:20AM 2013

Check out this link to an article posted today. Paint protection film is hugh according to this industry insider. I suspect the stock will hit $2.00 by end of the month. 

http://www.windowfilmmag.com/index.php/archives/4984

By murrayn

Posted: Tuesday Nov 12 2:18:18PM 2013

correction : $60,000-$80,000 a month.

By murrayn

Posted: Tuesday Nov 12 11:56:45AM 2013

http://www.autosphere.ca/carcarebusiness/2013/11/06/a-clear-film-from-xpel/#foot

short writeup (November 6, 2013) on xpel in Canadian auto magazine. It says some installers are netting $50,000 and more each month. 

By murrayn

Posted: Monday Nov 11 11:31:04AM 2013

xpel continues to move up. I notice that morgan stanley and Pershing capital have been ding some buying. that likely indicates US buyers. 

By murrayn

Posted: Monday Nov 4 7:31:57AM 2013

xpel share price going nuts today, but I don't se any news. Anyone have anything to share?

By murrayn

Posted: Thursday Oct 10 8:56:00AM 2013

Share price hitting new high of 1.35. And this is, accordng to me knowledge, without any coverage by analysts or  investment articles anywhere.  

By murrayn

Posted: Wednesday Oct 2 11:44:56AM 2013

Share price hitting new high. Everytime it dips down Morgan Stanley props it back up.  I wonder if a share offering is in the works and xpel has told Morgan Stanley that they wont do it until the share price gets higher. I would be thrilled with an offering. It means business is expected to be much better and they need the capital for expansion. Also this would likely be  institutional buyers.     

By PAndreola

Posted: Sunday Sep 22 9:22:06PM 2013

Interesting story.... I had lunch with a good friend of mine who I had introduced to the XPEL story quite some time ago. He is a member of the local Porsche club, which he recently joined, and at his last meeting he asked if anyone had ever heard of XPEL. About half of the members not only knew about it but had it installed on their cars. They wouldn't stop talking about how great they thought it was and said that likely within the next year 100% of the members will have it on their cars. They all use a guy down in Seattle who they have recommended to new members. None of them knew it was a publicly listed stock and my friend jokingly thought that some of the recent buying of the stock had to be these members.

By murrayn

Posted: Wednesday Sep 18 12:48:31PM 2013

I would think 3M would buy them out, as they are creaming 3m in market share. For 3m it would be such a minor transsaction but I could not imagine these guys selling out so soon.   

By stocklad

Posted: Wednesday Sep 18 11:34:21AM 2013

There are almost as many shares trading OTC in the US today, so the total traded so far is just under 4% of the total shares outstanding.  Insiders own about 39% according to the latest Mgmt Info Circular.  I wonder if something is afoot Watson...

By murrayn

Posted: Wednesday Sep 18 10:03:23AM 2013

dap  share price going crazy today on almost 500,000 shares traded on cdn exchange alone. Pershing Capital is a buyer.

By PAndreola

Posted: Monday Sep 9 1:48:55PM 2013

Xpel's OTC trading XPLT has seen a considerable increase in average volume since the last set of financials so I would assume that US investors are taking notice and we may see a fairer valuation which I think should be in the $1.20 area.

By murrayn

Posted: Monday Sep 9 7:48:32AM 2013

xpel hitting new high today of 86 cents US.  We might see $1.00 by end of the week. If the Americans take an interest then the stock could get to 1.20 near term. 

By murrayn

Posted: Friday Aug 30 7:20:11AM 2013

This company is US based and also trades on the Us exchange --BB, at least for now, until they decide to apply for nasdq listing. My limited experience with dual listed companies ( eg bowflex in the 90's) is that they trade at a premium to canadian equities. Americans tend to give a higher value to their companies. I can see them giving this one a p/e of 20. That would bring the stock to over $1.20 by year end. If the 3rdq continues the trend  them dap may hit that mark by early December. The biggest mistake here is to sell too early. Let it run. Not hugh float so it ought to.   

By murrayn

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28 7:02:49PM 2013

On one of the car enthusiast forums a poster said he bought a new car and the dealer offered the option of clear bar for part or all of the car. He chose the option and the dealer sent the car to an expel installer who did the work in his shop and then returned it to the new car dealer. 

If this is another way the company is getting its product out then the opportunities are significant as there are over 17000 new car dealerships in  the US alone. The margins to the dealers are probably quite decent so you can see them promoting it, especially the luxury car dealerships.         

By stocklad

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28 6:48:34PM 2013

Yes, a very nice quarter. Rev was up 100% over the same quarter last year.  Pre-tax eps was up 167%.  After tax eps was "only" up 75% because the comany didn't record tax last year.  The company is progressing very nicely.

By murrayn

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28 2:15:58PM 2013

Those revenue numbers are remarkable. Way higher than I expected. Cash position increased to 1.8 million. They have leased another premise in San Antonio so continuing growth outlook. I think this stock may get a higher p/e multiple. By end of the year I think it wil hit a $1.00. BTW, these earnings are in US dollars.   

By PAndreola

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28 1:54:16PM 2013

Huge numbers out of DAP.u!

Q2 revs $4.9 million up from $2.45 million up 100%

Profit before tax $585,000 up from $218,000 up 168%

EPS after tax $0.015

By PAndreola

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28 10:02:03AM 2013

I'll be very happy if we see anything close to $3.7 million in revs.

By murrayn

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28 7:10:40AM 2013

correction: some time today.

By murrayn

Posted: Tuesday Aug 27 10:49:24AM 2013

Xpel numbers come out tonight. I can see them having revenue of  up to 3.7 million.  2nd and 3rd quarters are their best. 

By murrayn

Posted: Friday Aug 23 9:42:09AM 2013

xpel is trading record volume on the BB US exchange xplt. 153,000 shares so far.  q numbers come out next week.

By PAndreola

Posted: Thursday Jul 11 7:18:47PM 2013

Here it is http://www.xpel.com/relations/media/pdf/2013AGM.pdf

By murrayn

Posted: Thursday Jul 11 8:11:30AM 2013

its finally posted. 

By PAndreola

Posted: Wednesday Jul 10 10:28:34AM 2013

Any luck yet on the IR presentation? I still haven't seen anything on the website.

By murrayn

Posted: Wednesday Jul 3 9:35:38PM 2013

I got an email from xpel that they have have asked their person handling IR to upload the power point asap. Maybe we wil see it by Friday.

By murrayn

Posted: Wednesday Jul 3 1:28:18PM 2013

Nope. Tomorow is the July 4th holiday in the US so it may not get posted until Friday or even Monday. I will call to find out when its going up.   

By PAndreola

Posted: Wednesday Jul 3 11:01:14AM 2013

Murray, have you been able to track down the presentation. I don't see anything on the website. Any tiny effort in IR should help this company a lot. To date they have done zero as far as any kind investor awareness.

By murrayn

Posted: Monday Jul 1 7:24:51PM 2013

xpel's annual meeting is tomorrow. No conference call or webcast but they have informed me that there will be a powerpoint posted on the investor page after the meeting. 

By stocklad

Posted: Friday Jun 21 12:20:53PM 2013

Thanks Murray for the update.  This company really does seem to have legs.  Before the last recession, they weren't profitable on decent and growing sales.  During the recession, they cut costs in a big way and became profitable on much smaller sales.  Now that the product is really catching on, they've continued to carefully manage expenses and add to profitability.  What a great pick!

By murrayn

Posted: Friday Jun 21 6:00:12AM 2013

I was reviewing google hits that  mention xpel in the past week and I saw one fellow claim that Xpel is regaded as the best paint protection film . In older hits there was more of a debate betwen 3m and expel but it appears xpel may now be regarded by at least higher end car owners as the paint protection of choice. In other news, Ontario and Quebec  installers have been training at Xpel's headquarters and we should soon see local installers in those market areas.       

By murrayn

Posted: Thursday Jun 20 9:47:10AM 2013

Xpel also trades on the us exchange as xplt. Some recent buying on that exchange indicates American interest. Company is based in Arizona so its not suprising. Today over 40,000 shares traded on that exchange. Still small fry numbers.    

By murrayn

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19 10:51:23AM 2013

hitting new high today. Not hugh volume but bids keep moving up. Their annual meeting is not until July 2 so that's not the cause.  

By murrayn

Posted: Thursday May 30 2:21:43PM 2013

windowfilmmag.com

By PAndreola

Posted: Thursday May 30 6:03:24AM 2013

Murray, Do you remember the name of the magazine that covers the auto after market industry? You mentioned it on the old QIS site.

By PAndreola

Posted: Wednesday May 29 10:51:08AM 2013

I spoke with management about a week ago. He said they were "bursting at the seams". I got the impression that they are investing now for further growth. More space, more equipment, more inventory and more staff.

By murrayn

Posted: Tuesday May 28 8:12:54PM 2013

The first q is their slowest q so the year is looking promising. In the md and A they mention that they have higher rental costs because they have taken on more space. Good sign.   

By PAndreola

Posted: Tuesday May 28 5:09:33PM 2013

Q1 numbers are out

58% revenue increase over the prior year and up 5% from previous quarter (Q4).

Net earnings before tax increased 65% over the previous year and up 45% over the previous quarter (Q4)

http://www.xpel.com/relations/media/pdf/2013_q1_interim_financial_statements.pdf 

By murrayn

Posted: Friday May 17 11:17:10AM 2013

Their first q numbers come out by end of the month. I think we will see continuing revenue and earnings growth.  Compnay growing in double digits, no debt.   

Canadian Small Caps

Canadian Small Caps

CLICK HERE to view the presentations from the Spring 2016 Small-Cap Conferences.

We are pleased to publish the PowerPoint presentations from The Small-Cap Conferences that were held in Calgary on March 30, 2016 and in Vancouver on May 3, 2016.

We encourage investors to review the presentations and contact the companies with any further questions.

www.smallcapconference.ca/presentations.php
plus

What's New