Call us : (250) 377-1182
facebook twitter linked-in
opawica ntg fairmount lingo media lux

Zinc

Hello there guest! Want to join in on the conversation? Login or register for a forums account by visiting this link.

By Bobwins

Posted: Monday Aug 1 1:07:31PM 2016

I was on the zinc bandwagon last year but nothing happened.  The closing of several big mines didn't have much effect on prices.  This year has been different.  Zinc has been the star of the base metal camp.  There is a shortfall and prices have risen.  

My previous pick was Trevali.  They had a difficult time in 2015 but have risen from C$.35 to the current price of .87 this year.  The Canadian mine has come on stream and things look good for Trevali.  But because it's one of the only pure plays on zinc, it's pretty fairly valued so I went looking for an alternative. 

Came up with buying options on Nevsun.  They are in Eritrea with the Bisha mine.  Gold heavy during the early years but 5 profitable years have been mostly from copper.  Now Bisha is transitioning to base metal and will be producing zinc along with copper and a smidge of gold.  Zinc production will be 70-100million pounds in 2016 and ramp up to 200+million pounds/yr for the next 8 years.  1.7billion pounds of zinc over the estimated 8 year life.  Not a pure play but safe.  NSU has no debt and 200 million in cash.  Pays almost 5% dividend.  I won't get that because I'm using options but if the market goes crazy for zinc, they should find Nevsun after they announce first zinc production this month.  

http://www.nevsun.com/investors/

Canadian Small Caps

Canadian Small Caps

CLICK HERE to view the presentations from the Spring 2016 Small-Cap Conferences.

We are pleased to publish the PowerPoint presentations from The Small-Cap Conferences that were held in Calgary on March 30, 2016 and in Vancouver on May 3, 2016.

We encourage investors to review the presentations and contact the companies with any further questions.

www.smallcapconference.ca/presentations.php
plus

What's New